Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Case Analysis.....

So, we have a one page case analysis due tonight in Organizational Behavior. I'm having just a little bit of trouble with it. I can't seem to figure out how to fit everything that I think Dr. Rahim wants into one page of analysis. In the syllabus, it says that we need to provide the problems presented by the case, detailed analysis of those problems, and then recommendations for solving those problems.

REALLY?

In one double-spaced page, it's kind of hard to include everything that you need to. No matter what combination of problems and solutions I use, it always comes out reading like something an elementary school student would have written. I guess that could have a lot to do with my abilities as a writer or as an analyst of managerial cases, but I'm guessing it also has a lot to do with the one page limitation.

I'm finding the other paper equally as difficult. That is to say I'm not really having trouble writing it, just with what I should and should not include. I'm being told that it should be just a summary of the article and that it might also have to include analysis of the strengths and weaknesses. The former would make more sense; after all, we are trying to condense an 80+ page article into 1 page of review. If it were to have some sort of analysis, it would take away from the space allotted to summary (now condensing an 80+ page article into half of a double spaced page). Either way, I'm finding it a difficult task. I don't know if anyone else is--good luck if you're like me, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment